A Little About Me
Thanks for checking out my blog! Since this is Blog #1, I’m going to start out by telling you a little bit about my job and what you will find when you come back to our website to read my updates.
To start out, I just want to address the two most popular questions I get as a Head Brewer.
1. Do you realize that you have the coolest job in the world?
2. So, all you do is brew beer and drink beer all day every day?
The answer to the first question is easy. Yes, I am aware of the fact that I have the world’s coolest job. I’m living the dream! The answer to the second question may surprise people. Of course I do brew all of the Schnitz Brewery & Pub beer, and yes, that does require some in depth taste testing, but there is so much more to my job.
A few other aspects of my job include:
- Constantly developing new beer recipes – including seasonal beers several times a year
- Maintaining and cleaning all of the equipment in the brewery
- Continually monitoring the quality of our product
- Brewing our very own Schnitz Root Beer
- Marketing and delivering our kegs to restaurants and bars throughout Southern Indiana
- Attending numerous tastings and festivals to showcase our beer
- Coordinating the canning of our beer
- Helping design our packaging
- And now, apparently blogging!
Feel free to check in again soon and see what is going on in Wayne’s world!